THE TEACHING upheld by the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church Of Christ) that the Lord Jesus Christ is Man and not God is not a secret to many. In fact, this is one of the Church’s doctrines frequently questioned by its detractors, for it does not only differ from but also runs counter to the belief of the majority of Christian-professing religions—that Christ is God. But if knowledge and belief about the Lord Jesus Christ would be based solely on the Bible, it would be easy to notice that the Holy Scriptures presents many evidences that Christ is not God, but is different from God. Here are some of them:
1. Christ Himself testifies that He is “a Man” (John 8:40 New King James Version), while the true God declares that He is “God, and not man” (Hos. 11:9 NKJV) and does not allow man to be God (Ezek. 28:2).
2. Christ Himself said that He heard the truth from God (John 8:40); so, obviously, He is different from God from Whom He heard the truth.
3. Christ is “a Man attested by God,” according to Apostle Peter (Acts 2:22 NKJV). Christ could not be the same God who bore witness of Himself.
4. Christ is a Man—a “child” conceived in His mother, Mary, according to Apostle Matthew (Matt. 1:18, 20 NKJV).
5. Christ was “born of a woman” (Gal. 4:4 NKJV). God, on the other hand, is not a “son of man” (Num. 23:19 NKJV).
6. Christ has a beginning—He “proceeded forth and came from God” (John 8:42 NKJV)—while the true God has no beginning for He is “from everlasting to everlasting” (Ps. 90:2 NKJV).
7. Christ died (John 19:30, 33), while God is immortal (I Tim. 1:17).
8. Christ was resurrected, which, in the first place, would not have happened if He did not die or if He were immortal. Moreover, He did not resurrect Himself, but “God raised him from death” (Acts 2:23–24 NKJV).
9. Christ recognizes God as His God (Mark 15:34) while God does not recognize any other God besides Himself (Isa. 44:8).
10. Christ felt “wearied” (John 4:6 NKJV) while God “never grows tired or weary” (Isa. 40:28 NKJV).
Look forward to future posts of religious articles here in pasugo.com.ph that present more biblical proofs that Christ is not God.
To learn more on the belief of the Iglesia Ni Cristo about the Lord Jesus Christ, read Pasugo: God’s Message, the Church’s official magazine.
For a basic knowledge on the Church’s belief about the true God, click here.